coming soon: 2014-2015 class schedule
early childhood: Movement and music for ages 3-7
Preschool Storybook Ballet (3-4 years)
Creative Tap, Jazz, & Acting (3-4 years)
Pre-Ballet A (5-7 years)
Pre-Ballet B (5-7 years)
Pre-Tap, Jazz, & Acting (5-7 years)
Right: Pre-Ballet B dancers as "Emerald City Ladies" in Arts Ballet Story Theater's 2012 Production of "The Wonderful Wizard of Oz Children's Ballet"
classical ballet division: level-based ballet & modern training
The Classical Ballet Division begins with students (ages 7+) who are ready for serious ballet training. The level-based ballet syllabus uses primarily Vagonova technique (Russian syllabus) and incorporates elements from the dance theory and techniques of master teacher Finis Jhung, the Royal Academy of Dance (R.A.D.), and a continuance of the Leap 'N Learn philosophy. Students practice classical ballet technique, learn to use their body correctly through awareness of kinetics, coordination, anatomy, and proper body alignment, and strive to become well-trained, artistic, musical, and adaptable dancers. Dancer's are always encouraged to find joy and expression in their art and share that gift with others.
Contemporary, modern, and lyrical technique classes, skills classes, dance conditioning, and choreography are extensions to the ballet program for these dedicated dancers.
our mission: meaningful movement through the arts
Arts Ballet Academy is dedicated to providing an outstanding environment for children and youth to grow in the arts.
We are committed to:
- Inspiring and encouraging students of all ages and abilities to attain their highest potential in the art of classical ballet, as well as other genres of dance and performing arts;
- Training and performing ballet at the highest artistic standards;
- Instruction of ballet and other genres of art, music, and dance as a component of student education and development;
- Enriching the Peninsula communities through the instruction and performance of ballet and other performing arts.
- Creating creative, constructive, and safe classes for children while encouraging their growth and joy.